Well, what is Tomas up to these days:
- He is a chatter box. He has M's, B's, P's, A's, O's. He is constantly jabbering away
- He loves to wave (see video on previous post). He will always do it on command, but he likes to also just break out a wave at random. Usually the wave is pointed towards himself and he watches his fingers. Tonight at dinner he waved between each bite - adorable.
- He has mastered getting finger foods in his mouth with consistency and is darn proud of himself for figuring this out
- He still rocks but no crawls. He gets around either with a modified army crawl, a roll, or his newest thing is to rock, flatten out onto the floor, then sit back up. He repeats this over and over and over again until he gets somewhere.
- He loves to stand. When you go to put him on the floor he puts up a pretty good fight by locking his knees and just tries to keep standing
- He is still a good sleeper, sleeping 12-12.5 hours at night and takes 2 naps, although I have noticed the morning nap has shortened to an hour. He still usually gets a 2 hour nap in the afternoon
- He is also a great eater. He usually protests when meals are done - and these are not small meals. In fact, if I chose to eat pureed foods, the amount he eats would probably fill me up.
Well, I'm sure there are lots of other cute things he is up to, but having just worked an incredibly busy 30 hours shift, my brain is only 1/2 working. Gotta love Saturday call at the hospital...
Cata is also doing great. I'll have to save it for another post, but I went to a conference on Assistive Technology and heard lots of great talks by Linda Burkhart. We then had the chance to have her work with Cata and it was awesome! Cata is using her PODD (I'll explain in the next post), and just LOVES "talking" with it. It's low-tech and doesn't allow for independent access, but as she learns it will at least allow for autonomous communication - meaning her thoughts rather than just the choices I present.
Ok, here are some pics of the kiddos:
Doesn't he look like a turtle in the picture? L&T, the Mountain Sprouts onepiece is ADORABOLE!
He doesn't trust her... :) Oh, and she has to wear a patch 3 hrs a day x 8 weeks to fix some weakening of the muscles on 1 of her eyes - trying to avoid surgery.
What silly birds.....These are 2 cute kids.
In action...
We had a visit from Ingrid, who is working hard to raise money for research so we can find a cure for Rett! Check out her site Girl Power 2 Cure. The idea is she inspires girls to help raise money towards finding a cure for our girls with Rett Syndrome.


He has this toy box with all sorts of little things to play with. It's cute because it's his, so Cata doesn't play with those toys, as opposed to the other toys they share. He loves looking into the box and deciding what to get out.
Posing for the camera...









3 comments:
Catalina---I LOVE your glasses! You are one stylish little girl :)
Tomas is such a cutie :)
I'm glad I could access your blog through FB. What great pictures! How thrilling that Linda B worked with Cata. Can't wait to see the next post about the PODD. She looks so cute in her new glasses.
Tomas is taking so many new developmental steps, how exciting. He is such a handsome little guy.
Oh. My. Gosh...when did Big T turn into a miniature replica of his daddy?!! I can't believe how much he looks like Kev! Both babes are too cute for words. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment