Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One week

Time flies. Tomas is already more than a week old and still looks like a 2-3 month old :) Life is much easier with just one child, but we are adjusting! Cata is the one having the hardest time adjusting. She has had so much change recently - I really feel bad for her. First she spent the night at one of our friend's house when I had to stay overnight in the hospital. Then my mom arrived for 2 1/2 weeks. During that time I went to the hospital and had a 4 day stay. Cata was really unsettled during those days and was even more unhappy when she came to visit in the hospital. She wouldn't look at me and was just fussy. It broke my heart. Even worse is that because of the c-section, I can't pick her up. That has been the hardest part for me, not being able to comfort her like I normally would. Then we came home from the hospital and she was a doll for 2 days - she even was smling at Tomas! It was amazing - I thought we just blew by that whole adjustment period. WRONG. By Thursday she noticed something was different and she has been irritable and sad. Friday my mom left, my sister Alicia arrived, and my in-laws arrived. More change. Then Sunday Alicia left. This has been hard.
Little Tomas is doing quite well. In his one week of life he has changed already. His face has changed from the swollen post-delivery look, to something very similar to Cata's baby face. He eats like a champ, even going 3-4 hours between feeds! He is more alert now and spends time with his eyes open looking around, especially if there is a face close by to stare at. So here are the pictures from week 1:

Our first moments together - Daddy cuddling Tomas

Day 2!_______ Cata a bit skeptical about big T ______ Eyes open


Abuela + Tomas_____ Family of 4! _________ Daddy + Tomas
Big sister Cata

I think I have a picture taken 2 years ago that looks identical to the one on the left!

Not sure what to think... This about sums up how Cata is feeling :(

Some shots from Big T's one week birthday :)
Do you think he's singing?



We have seen a few smiles from Cata, and this one was for Tia Alicia

1 comment:

Kelly said...

He is so stinkin' cute!
I do imagine this is very hard for Cata - and even harder on you watching her furstration. Hang in there - it will be come "normal" for her soon and once you are healed you can pick her up and hold her again I bet that will make things better too :) You all are such a BEAUTIFUL family! I pray this adjustment time passes quickly - wishing you love and happiness......Kelly